Noillyprat--Shaken, Not Stirred

And Make it a Dirty One...

Monday, September 20, 2004

Halfway to Being a Grownup

That is how Robb referred to yesterday, his 9th birthday. He took a few minutes to verify that our timetable is still intact, meaning he is:

  • 2 years away from getting his ear(s) pierced (although I told him he'd have to tell his dad, I wasn't doing it for him).
  • 4 years away from getting complete control over his hairstyle and color (he's thinking green, currently).
  • 7 years away from getting (almost) anything he wants pierced, and driving.

Shmee and I took him to see Sky Captain and the World of Tommorrow. It was pretty ok. There wasn't much in the way of story, but that's ok, that's kind of the point. It was very well done, and Gwyneth Paltrow is back in my good graces. Jude Law remains, as always, my boyfriend.

We got home and he went to invite his friends over to watch him open his presents and eat his cake. He came back crying, saying they were coming, but they hadn't even remembered it was his birthday. He had invited them to the Chuck E. Cheese party his dad threw on Saturday, but they didn't show. But he just told them about it, and insisted that I not actually write down invites to give to their moms, so of course they forgot. I feel bad, like I should have just done it, but he was really adament that I not do that, and that I would embarrass him. So when we went to invite them over yesterday, their mom was all in a flurry and upset that we didn't give her notice and they didn't get Robb a present. But in the end it was ok, they came over, they all had a really good time, and Robbie ended the day a happy guy.

My big present to him was a big, fairly decent quality skateboard (and helmet, pads, gloves, etc). He's very excited and doing pretty well on it. I am just not watching him on it, so as to spare myself more grey hair.

Oh, and more on what I did my hair color later. It's doubleplus ungood.

2 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

It was http://www.kryptonics.com/KRYPTONICS_03/NEW_SCHOOL/SKATER_BOX/skaterbox.asp that one.

But man, I know, I was thinking that too, how there was nothing finer than a party with your friends, and then to take off to roam the neighborhood.

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the admin of this website is working, no question very quickly it will be renowned,
due to its feature contents.

Also visit my site - check this

 

Post a Comment

<< Home